Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ideeli is my New Obsession

So when my sister sent me an invitation to one of those "invite only discount shopping websites", I was really skeptical. I don't know why, but I just have this thing about them. Usually they are from people who need to send it to 1200 people in order to be accepted, and I know they only invited me so they could get in. These invites usually go right into the trash can. But when my sister sends me emails, I know its not crap. She knows how picky I am with email. So, I opened it up and found my invite to Ideeli.com.

I registered an account on Ideeli. I think a part of me only registered because all it asked for was my email and a password. Not too time consuming. Already a plus. But as soon as I got on the website and had a look around, I was immediately hooked.



Here's how it works:
Every day, Ideeli offers at least one new online shopping "event", as they call it. Events can be giveaways or SERIOUSLY discounted designer items. Every Monday, members can preview the week's upcoming events. The catch? Items are on a timer. There is a countdown that tells you when the event will be over, usually within a few days, if not hours. And, members aren't told the start time of the event countdown.

Another positive? The more friends you invite, the more $25 dollar credits you receive to your account. I guess I know why I keep getting invites from people, huh? Well send them my way girls, cuz you can bet your butt I'll be sending invites to Ideeli to every person I know. I want my 25 bucks too!

Now, I've only been on the site for a few days now, and have already seen everything from discounts on clothes, handbags, shoes, undergarments and other accessories. But, the site also claims to offer...

"...privileged access to the most sought-after fashion, home and beauty products, but that's not all. ideeli members also enjoy privileged access to luxury lifestyle experiences such as fashion shows and sold-out concerts. ideeli makes sure its members aren't "all dressed up with nowhere to go!"

Actually, as of right this very moment, there is 20:10:14 left on the countdown clock to enter to win an Oscar de la Renta handbag, straight off the runway. The "Indore Box" bag, made from white twisted raffia and calfskin was carried by supermodel Agyness Deyn at Oscar de la Renta's SS 09 NYC Fashion Week show.

What am I looking forward to most this week? The Vera Wang giveaway and the Christian Lacroix sale!

I will tell all of you designer and discount shopaholics...this site should have a warning: WILL become an instant addiction!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Awesome article dude! Thanks, However I am going through issues with your RSS.
I don't understand the reason why I cannot subscribe to it. Is there anybody else getting the same RSS problems? Anyone that knows the solution can you kindly respond? Thanks!!

Visit my web page ... http://fliplo.com/blog/42480/repair-your-credit-with-these-terrific-recommendations/
My webpage :: private krankenversicherung vergleichen aktuell

 
/* headings