Friday, April 3, 2009

Nordstrom's website rocks



If I had to pick one website that I was absolutely addicted to, it is indefinitely Nordstrom's. The Nordstrom's website is the ultimate in window shopping. Although it is a retail website and was created particularly to satisfy the demand for e-commerce, I don't find myself actually wanting to buy anything on the website. This may seem a bit odd, however, I think that it is perfectly fitting for the Nordstrom's brand.

Nordstrom's prides itself on its customer service. It has remained one of the top department stores in the country because of this reason. Walking into a Nordstrom's is an experience in itself. With most stores outfitted with live piano players and salespeople waiting on your every beck and call, it is simply pleasant shopping there. So why is the Nordstrom's website so awesome if the store sounds like it can't be beat? For me, the website serves as a little preview. I hope online, check out the new arrivals in the shoe, sunglass, handbag, jewelry and clothing departments, and if I am happy with the quality of items I see, I hope in the car and go to the store.

I think this concept of window shopping online is a great asset to the Nordstrom's brand. I'm sure they would rather have people in their stores rather than purchasing products online. So, instead of just hoping for customers to randomly decide to pop into the store, the website serves as an enticer. With the ability to examine each item in detail with the zoom in and zoom out features, as well as the rotating features, it gives customers just enough material to encourage them to go to the store and try on the dress or the shoes.



Some people may actually buy online. By all means, if you are someone who can purchase online and know the shirt will fit or the sunglasses will look good, more power to ya. But for people like me who need to be absolutely sure that my purchases are good ones, and that the pair of Enzo's that are a size 6 won't fit like a 5 1/2, I need to do my shopping in-house. In cases like my own, although the Nordstrom's website may not be collecting my dollars, it is certainly getting me in the store, where the opportunity and likelihood of buying more is much, much higher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 
/* headings